Check things off as you accomplish them, then it may look as if you have accomplished something.
- Finish rebuilding veg garden fence, leaving a hole so you can reach the faucets from this side of the fence.
Plant that dashed Daphne odora
- Ditto the hydrangeas that are still in pots (2.2.08: planted one in the banana bed in back)
Varnish the veg garden bench
- Newspaper and pine straw around the banana and live oak (and planted one hydrangea there).
Run pvc pipe to bird house in front. New faucet on bird house post
- Finish paving and dwarf mondo under bedroom windows
- Fertilize azaleas
Move lime tree and fertilize. It is not a happy camper.
Concrete bluebird box in back
Finish removing the front border and rake for sod
Prune the rest of the boxes(Note: Mockingbirds have built a nest in the middle of the conical box to the left of the front door. Bizarre. They have 2 entrances into the bush.
- Sort out the horrible mess that is the compost bins
- Order amaryllis from John Scheeper or Van Engelen
- Shade-loving shrubs for the front side of the fence behind the shed.
- Move amaryllis (red) from around camellia in front to back bank. Put pale amaryllis in their place.
- Viburnum macrocephalum (snowball)
- Move Aleurites fordii to the front.
Ideas for plants in the fall:
Acanthus mollis (full shade)