What is a Portable Table Saw?
Portable table saws are designed just like normal table saws except with the added bonus of being portable and easily assessable. Portable table saw are important because they allow for table saws to be moved from job site to job site.
Portable table saws usually come in 120 volt models in order to easily adapt to the changing power sources that will be available through different job sites. They also come with the normal standard 10 inch combination saw blade that allows the portable table saw to be able to rip through materials such as plywood while having the finesse to cut through dadoes or miters. Portable table saws can range anywhere from the bargain DIY version that some crafty wood workers create to more high end professional portable table saws. For information comparison guide check here for best portable table saw reviews.
Things to Look for in Portable Table Saws
- The portable table saw should provide a solid fence to help promote the accuracy of the rip cuts
- The portable table saw should come with table extensions to help support additional sheet goods.
- The portable table saw should be collapsible for easy maneuvering and transporting.
- The portable table saw should come with a collapsible stand that has wheels at its base so that it becomes even easier to transport and move around from different job sites. It is important to ensure that the wheels lock into place before the portable table saw is used. This ensures that the structure is safe to use because a moving table will not only provide you with an inaccurate cut it can also lead to kickbacks and other fatal injuries.
- The portable table saw should come with a very large, noticeable, and easy to reach shut off switch to ensure that the operator can shut the machine down in order to prevent injuries.
- The portable table saw should also come with a miter gauge that allows for a no slip grip for more accurate crosscuts.
Ease of Use.
One of the most important aspects of a portable table saw is its ease of use. If a portable table saw is not easy to use then it can lead to unnecessary aggravation. In addition if the portable table saw is not easy to use it can become a safety hazard that could lead to severe injuries. It is always important in portable table saws to ensure that the blades are always sharp, the platform is structurally sound, and the wheels are able to lock into place.